Anonymous

Hello All,

Recently my company has handed me a GAR (Grievance Action Report) stating I知 not performing well. Which means they have given me 15 days of time to improve myself.
I had already informed my L1 and L2 about my pregnancy 2 months back and since then they are questioning my capabilities. Now when they handed me GAR, I denied accepting it with given my explanation to them over mail. After my explanation, they again revised the GAR next day, handed me the same but asked me to wait before signing as they needed confirmation from my L2. To which I denied and left for home completing my office hours.

Can my company terminate me during this period when I have already informed them about the pregnancy?

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

Termination during Maternity period is illegal even on the grounds of poor performance. But you should ensure that you are eligible for Maternity benefit. How long you are employed with current employer?

As per the Maternity Benefit Act 1961 a woman should have worked with her employer for at least 80 days in the 12 months preceding the date of her expected delivery. If she fulfils this requirement, then she can utilise this mandated maternity leave and any further leave or benefits that her employer provides her.

From India, Madras
samiksha-saxena

Hello, I have completed 1 year 3 months with this organization.
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi For sure you can demand for Maternity Benefit.
From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

Based on what you have stated, it would be illegal for the company to terminate you since you are protected under maternity benefit act.

However, I suggest you keep records of your performance because they may use this as excuse to remove you after you have completed your maternity leave.

Also, I suggest you speak to HR or Welfare officer (if they have one) and take their help.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ョ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.