No Tags Found!

jayasree3662
I work for an IT staffing and consulting firm.We place applicants in top firms, but one individual was diverted from another consultant, and despite our orders not to go, the candidate joined the company through the other consulting. What legal steps may we take against the candidate?
From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jayasree,

To know whether the candidate has breached the contract, we need to know the terms and conditions of the contract, whether the contract was made on the stamp paper, if yes then the value of the stamp paper, whether any third party is also involved in the contract, if yes then whether the third party was signatory to the contract, etc. Until you provide the complete facts of the case, it will not be possible to provide any comments on it.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

Can I understand that by staffing means a firm which provides candidates to companies in return for a service charge? I believe that in such scenario the staffing firm only does a marketing job, that he showcases the candidates, and the decision to take the candidate is with the company who will offer employment. It is also to be understood that the candidate has a choice, whether to join the company or not. There is no contract between the candidate and the staffing firm that the former should accept the offer given by the company. Then how can a staffing company take action against a candidate who chose to join another company? There are a number of staffing companies available in the market, and for a candidate it is open to get the service of any firm. There will be instances that the same candidate may be sourced by different firms, and you cannot do anything against the candidate.
From India, Kannur
Neth31
Hi Jayashree, We take an undertaking from the candidate called "Right to Represent" ( RTR) a form which is docusigned by the candidate which states that the candiate agrees to be exclusively represented only by our co. for so & so client. Also, we take an undertaking for the CTC that we have negotiated with him & that he/she will not share the salary details with the client/co.
From India, Hyderabad
saswatabanerjee

So, from what I understand, you placed a candidate in a company. Then another recruiting firm offered him a job in the same company and he took the job. You tried to stop him from taking the job but he basically told you to take a hike.

Please tell me why you think you have a case against him or the agency?
Is he your bonded slave that he has to continue to work with you for the rest of his life?
If he got a job opportunity why do you think he will give up a direct job to continue to be an outsourced resource through you?

And in case you are thinking you have a clause in your contract that he can not take up the job, please read sec 27 of Indian Contract Act, which makes such a clause in any contract invalid and unenforceable.

From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

You can lodge a court case in breach of signed RTR. Further like to inform that your RTR would come into scan because is not a sound agreement.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.