Anonymous
Dear All, I need your guidance on the Comp-off policy.

We practice the below procedure for Comp Off: If any employee works a full day (8 Hours) (our shift is 9 hours) on a weekly off or paid holiday, we adjust their extra work against leave (leave should be taken within 30 days). If he/she has not taken any leave, comp off will be lapsed.

Recently, i received a proposal as per the following: My company is coming in to engineering services
1) A reduction in working hrs from 8 hrs to 6 hrs. This is applicable for Engg services companies.
2) Leave sandwich policy should not be applicable for C/Off. Employee taking Sick leave on Friday, Saturday & Sunday have weekly off and monday they are applying for c-off, In this case, the sandwich leave policy will be applicable or not.

Please advice
Thank You in advance

From India, Pune
harish-reflext
Actually if ur company running with day shift u can make them 8 hours work not running with shift basis like first , second, night shift then they have to work for 7.5 hours and .5 hours of lunch should be provided extra hours can be given as overtime or c/off it's let to ur management and ur workers 😉
From India, Bengaluru
saswatabanerjee

If your location is a factory, the Comp Off rule you are currently following is illegal under factories act.
Please refer to Sec 52 to 56 for the actual requirements.

Compensatory leave is not impacted by shortening the hours of work.
The employee will still be eligible for the same compensatory leave.

The sandwich rule is correct, btw. It is unfair to include the weekly off if he takes a compensatory off later

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.