Anonymous
I recently joined an engineering firm. The recruiter conducted multiple verification processes during the background verification process, including physical verification.
They require me to submit an offer letter from one of my previous employers (not the immediate one). During that time, I wasn't provided with any such document ensuring my employment. Due to a lack of awareness and having joined intending to learn, I hadn't asked for any such thing.

I later discovered that the owner doesn't take others' progress very well and tries their best to create hurdles for anyone trying to make progress after leaving.
He wouldn't respond to my calls or messages requesting the documents. And the company requires me to provide the same. I have provided some payslips and service letter that I had got after lots of begging. I also submitted bank statements throughout my service period.

What can I do in such a situation?
Will the employer understand that the employer might not be a good person?
Is my job at risk due to this?

From India, Ahmedabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The only option is to provide the available documents and if possible share the contact details of past employer office. As you had submitted Bank statement that would be sufficient. It is an act of foolishness on the part of the Employer / verifying agency insisting to submit documents which is not at all available.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.