Kanta Malini
@Madhu.T.K 4207 -> Thank you.

Actually the income is towards Leave Encashment (Earned Leave). It is real and valid but I have not received it. Like I said, it was not communicated to me for 3 years until all of a sudden.
1. Does that make it earned income? (instead of imputed income)
2. And if it is not imputed income, can I still proceed with normal ITR filing as if I have not received an income?

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

Whether it is earned income or not or imputed income or not is not the question but what is basic question is whether you received it or not? If received when did you receive it? If you have not received it, why should you pay tax on it or include it as earned income? The employer has generated it as an income just because he wanted to figure it out in the F&F as earned and then deduct it as notice pay recovery. Notice pay, anyway is out of question because you did not resign from the employment but you were terminated, and in such instances notice pay should be an income and not a cost for the employee concerned. Therefore, you can file the returns without this amount.
From India, Kannur
Kanta Malini
@Madhu.T.K 4208 Thank you very much. Your answers have resolved all the doubts. Now I can file the ITR in peace.
From India, Bengaluru
Kanta Malini
[Update] - I raised an Income Tax Grievance about this false salary & employment. It got assigned to an AO. But that AO has closed the Grievance stating that the Case does not belong to their Ward. I emailed the Ward office mentioned but got the same result (case does not pertain to the ward). I checked in the "Know Your AO" facility on the eFiling Portal - it says the WARD is correct. So, what next? Is there anything else that needs to be done?
From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.