No Tags Found!

bagema

HELLO FRIEND forgotten Saradha devi wife of Ramakrishna paramhansa Sister Nivedita Akkamahadevi Meera bai
From India, Tiruppur
Sari

Hi Avalok, Can you define me what according to you is enlightenment/nirvana..... before i comment on it... Sari
From India, Hyderabad
Sapana

Hi Avalok,
It is really a nice topic and a query by you to discuss how does one become enlightened?
I believe Wisdom and enlightenment manifest when your focus changes from the self; when greed, hatred, ignorance, arrogance, suspicion and doubt, which arise from self-centeredness, no longer manifest. One accomplishes this through methods of practice. Practice is guided by views, or attitudes. When one's attitude is correct, it is called "right view." When it's off base, then it's called "heretical view." To develop right view, you need to expand your awareness from the self to all sentient beings. Self- centeredness slowly dissolves as you develop compassion for others.
And i don't see a question arising like "Does one have to be single in order to achieve enlightenment?"
Well i believe that your mind can be someone (human being) and achieve enlightenment.
What do you have to say about it ?
Sapana

From India, Pune
avalok

Those who: Have found the TRUTH Attained NIRVANA Became MESSIAHS Became AWARE & AWAKE Preach GOD Have Millions of FOLLOWERS Are considered SAINTS Founded FAITHS get the picture?
From India, Bangalore
avalok

Hello! Sapna,
Very well expressed and I agree with you totally about your description of "enlightenment".
But if you go by recorded history all enlightened souls were single or became single in order to achieve the state of enlightenement.
Why is that? Will wait for more replies...
See you later...

From India, Bangalore
Sapana

Hi Avalok, You tell me to find the TRUTH, to attend NIRVANA, to become AWARE & AWAKE, to preach GOD to have Millions of FOLLOWERS & to have FAITH do we need to be single.. ? Sapana
From India, Pune
pranati

What about all the sikh gurus , prophet mohammed & our most enlightened gods be brahma , vishnu or shiva...what about the fact that all religions say that men & women need to be together to be complete...
& our puranas or vedas or whatever talk about various stages in life & various ashrams that one needs to follow to attain nirvana...even gautam buddha when questioned by his wife & son had no answers...
I believe any person ( be it man or woman , single or married) can attain wisdom as defined by you , by understanding & knowing onself...the real reason why we dont is cause we all become a part of that big rat race which doesnt allow us to ponder over things that we need to think about , a chance to be really with ourselves...there is a lot i can write about this topic but i dont think that this is the right forum to discuss this topic...

From India, Mumbai
avalok

Let’s not include GODs and mythological beings here. I am talking about historical figures ..not mythical ones. Let us not get confused between History and Myths.
From India, Bangalore
Jayesh.Guru
Hello avalok
Good Question. The topic you raised, is really good.
And i completely agree wid you, that not to include mythological personality here.
I think being single for becoming enlightened is not mandatory.
But i think for being enlightened one has to be far away from all fascination, cos a person is called to be enlightened only when he/she has no attraction towards his/her life. but devotes his/her life to the needy and suffering people.
Guru

From India, New Delhi
pranati

sire i am sure your enlightened eyes :lol: were only able to see that line on gods only...and were unable to read the last part of the msg...anywhich ways...its perfectly fine...first u were confused whether women can become enlightened n then you went for it being only singles be it men or women...think clearly...
& let me reiterate this by saying nebody can reach that stage , by just looking into onself & trying to understand oneself...
accept life yet strive not to be bogged down by it...be a part of everything, yet be your own person...start living by your own principles , n define them clearly...find joy in ething one does & be able to look at the positive...realise that their is pain , yet pain is what we consider painful...
once we realise this we have achieved the wisdom...
its not about men or women or being single or not...
just think about it...

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.