faizal-baig
I have gone through few articles on internet and found 4.6 years are enough for an employee to be eligible for gratuity payment.
In my case, I have completed 4.6 years + 1 day (7th October 2019 to 8th April 2024) in CGI, and I知 eligible for gratuity payment.

From India, Kozhikode
Madhu.T.K

No, the continuous service for entitlement of gratuity is five years. But since one year is continuous if the employee has worked at least for 240 days above the ground or 190 days below the ground (of a mine) or establishment which work for less than six days in a week, there are court interpretation (including the one from Kerala High Court) that a working of 240/190 days in the fifth year will make an employee entitled to gratuity. The fraction of a year of more than six months applies only for computation of gratuity and not for eligibility, and as such any fraction of a year more than six months will be rounded off to one year, and gratuity will be calculated accordingly.
From India, Kannur
Ravi BG
As per Gratuity Act whoever complete 5years in Same Company they will get Gratuity. if But As per judgment of Hon'ble Madras HC in Salem textile case (2011) in which it was ordered that an employee would be eligible for gratuity even if he has completed 4 years 240 days.

But u Had Complete 4 years 180 Days u are not eligible to Gratuity.

Regards
Ravi

From India, Bengaluru
faizal-baig
I check with company and they said I missed Gratuity by 5 days short. Is there someway to ask company to release gratuity. Actually missing by 5 days is something very depressing.
From India, Kozhikode
Madhu.T.K

If you had worked for 4 years and 240 days in the fifth year you can claim it through the Controlling Authority.
From India, Kannur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

The eligibility is five years of continuous service. In your case it is not standing at all.
Still you can claim from your employer by making an application. If doesn't pay, you can file a case too before the court in claim. There is nothing bad to make an application in such claim. It should not be the case that case amount surpass the receiving amount!

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Not only the amount involved but the career will also get affected when you go against an employer.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ョ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.