No Tags Found!

Dipali Biswas
I am working in privet school since 2003... recently our school starting to deduct pf amount from my salary only for 2 shares.... whatever the amount I have received after my yearly 10℅increment.. we don't get any salary slip but they calculated both share from my gross salary ... verbally mentioned that... their share lies in it....my question is:
1...I'm getting 18000 rs...is it mandatory to deduct pf?
2...how to calculate the amount I have to pay?

From India, Kolkata
ashakantasharma

Based on the information provided, let's address your questions regarding the Provident Fund (PF) rules for employees in a private school:

### 1. Mandatory Deduction of PF:

Under the Employees' Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, PF deduction is mandatory for establishments with 20 or more employees. Private schools typically fall under this category unless exempted by specific provisions of the law. Here are the key points:

- **Number of Employees**: If your school has 20 or more employees, it is mandatory for both the employer and employee to contribute to the PF.
- **Salary Threshold**: As of the current PF rules, employees with a basic salary (plus dearness allowance, if any) up to ₹15,000 per month are eligible for mandatory PF deduction. This means if your basic salary (plus DA) exceeds ₹15,000 per month, PF deduction is not mandatory. However, if your salary is up to ₹18,000, and your basic salary is less than ₹15,000, the PF deduction would still apply.

### 2. Calculation of PF Contribution:

- **Employee Contribution**: The employee's contribution to PF is currently 12% of the basic salary plus dearness allowance (if any).
- **Employer Contribution**: The employer's contribution is also 12% of the basic salary plus dearness allowance (if any).

Since you mentioned that the school calculates both shares (employee and employer contribution) from your gross salary, it's essential to clarify a few points:

- **Identification of Components**: Verify if the school includes components like basic salary, dearness allowance, and other components in the gross salary calculation. PF contribution should ideally be calculated on the basic salary plus dearness allowance.

- **Salary Slip**: It's important to receive a salary slip that clearly breaks down your earnings and deductions, including PF contributions. This helps ensure transparency and accountability.

### Steps to Take:

1. **Seek Clarification**: Request a detailed breakdown of your salary components, including how PF contributions are calculated.

2. **Verify Compliance**: Ensure that the PF deductions are in accordance with the PF rules and regulations.

3. **Document Communication**: If necessary, document any verbal agreements or communications regarding salary components and deductions.

4. **Consult with HR/Management**: Discuss any concerns with the HR department or management to resolve issues regarding PF deductions and salary transparency.

In conclusion, PF deduction is mandatory for eligible employees in private schools if the establishment meets the criteria under the PF Act. Ensure clarity on how your PF contribution is calculated and seek assistance from HR or management if needed to address any discrepancies or concerns.

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.