dharshinihra
May i know the steps involved (Number of warning letters or memos to be issued) in Terminating an employee for poor performance & Poor attendance?
What are all the certificates we can handover to him? I'm asking this because few of them told that they won't issue experience certificate and relieving order will be issued without any praising written on it.
Instead of terminating an employee, we can ask him to resign. May i know what are the points(good /bad) to be mentioned in his relieving order at that time?

From India, Delhi
jeshkan

Hi Dharsini,

1. May i know the steps involved (Number of warning letters or memos to be issued) in Terminating an employee for poor performance & Poor attendance?

It depends on the termination policy or clause given in the appointment letter. Please refer your company appointment letter and see whether anything is mentioned about termination clause. Termination can be done with a single letter with 2 to 3 months notice period or It can be done without a notice period but it depends on Company policy and clause mentioned in the appointment letter.

Ideally, An employee who did not perform well should be called for a meeting or one-on-one discussion or counseling and should be explained clearly about his performance status. Let him have 2 to 3 months of time to show his performance better. Even after the 3 months, if his performance has not been improved then he/she should be called for final discussion with HoD/HR and should be explained about the decision taken by the management. He should get atleast 3 months of time to look out for his/her new job.

2. What are all the certificates we can handover to him? I'm asking this because few of them told that they won't issue experience certificate and relieving order will be issued without any praising written on it.

He/She is eligible for all the certificates (Exp and Reveling Order etc) like other employees. No Company has the rights to say, it will not be given and Company should see that he/she is not getting affected because of the same.

3. Instead of terminating an employee, we can ask him to resign. May i know what are the points(good /bad) to be mentioned in his relieving order at that time?

Yes, we can do very well but if an employee ask you for the reason what will you say? According to me, Only good points to be mentioned in his/her relieving letter like other employees as he/she should not get affected in future while searching for a job because of the negative comments mentioned in relieving letter.

Regards,

M.Kannan

From India, Madurai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.