No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I have been working in a renowned listed company for 9 years and suffering from severe debilitating chronic illness. I am able to work only due to accommodation provided by my employer as requested by MS, MD, DM doctors through their medical certificate. I have also taken staff home loan. I have been working from home with deterioration in health but super boss is not willing to give permission to work from home. Newly joined HR manager had asked for work from home approval but after submitting medical certificates and documents HR manager didn't come back asking for approval. In this situation, is there a possibility of disciplinary, financial action on me? Shall I shift my concession staff loan provided by employer to other bank without the benefit of low interest rate of staff loan as I'm concerned about disciplinary action /financial penalty because I'm working from home and superboss is not willing to take permission from HR for work from home. Please advise 🙏🏻
From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Your working from home has nothing to do with your housing loan. If your presence in the office is required because of the nature of business/ operations carried out by you, the management can very well cancel the facility of working from home granted to you. After all this is a new concept, an outcome of Covid 19, and in such a scenarios in the past, the employee would have resigned to take care of his health. As such, working from home cannot be considered as a right.

Coming to housing loan, I would say that so long as you are in service you can keep the same. Along with your leaving the company, you will have to repay the loan. In such a situation, I don't think that you will be able to get a housing loan from the bank because the bank would offer loan only when the customer has a regular income. Moreover, immediately on joining a company, an employee cannot produce a salary certificate or form 16 kind of documents to the bank. The main reason for leaving a company like where you are presently working which offers housing loans to employees is health issue. Then how can you join other company? No possibility. Therefore, remaining with the present company only is the remedy. If the health does not permit you to travel to office, then you have to find alternative. The call is yours. If you are getting salary every month, and the housing loan EMI is being deducted from the salary then the management will not or cannot initiate any disciplinary action against you. They can initiate it on one charge, that is, not reporting to office/ non adherence to the office orders etc.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.