No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I completed my MBA-HR in 2010 but worked for BPO financial services and had a 7-year-long career break. Restarted with IT project coordinator but I'm not happy with this. I wanted to start career into HR. My age is already 37. I need suggestions, advice if this is right decision and how to start my transition. Are there any courses with guaranteed placements or certifications that will help me get around 6lpa?
From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

While at 37, when someone hits the reset button of one's career, the qualifications and past employment may not matter much. After your MBA, you did not pursue a career in HR. Even if you had pursued it, because of the gap, it would have become difficult for you to get a decent job.

Relying on a qualification acquired fourteen years ago may not give you the expected benefits. You may get a job, but you will have to start as a fresher. This, in turn, may not give you the salary you desire.

Newer career opportunities have emerged in the fields of ChatGPT, data science, business analytics, etc. You may obtain more information and take advantage of them. A job in this field also may not give you the desired salary, but working in these recently emerged fields will lay a foundation for the future.

Whatever the field you may choose, the requirements for supporting soft skills do not diminish. Many job candidates lose because of their poor communication skills. A few candidates assume that they have good communication skills. Because of their assumptions, they lose the race. Apart from soft skills, this is also true for basic computer skills like MS Office. I have seen candidates fumbling while using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Employers expect perfection in these supporting skills.

Lastly, whatever field you may choose, when you appear for an interview, you should be able to convince the employer that you have a very high grasping power. Your high grasping power, overwhelming communication skills, and excellence in computer and IT skills could force the employer to ignore the career gap.

I wish you all the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

You will have to face few challenges to get the opportunity but nothing is impossible.
As already you have experience in BPO sector & having good operation knowledge you can try opportunities into hiring & onboarding, slowly you can develop other skills as well and develop your career.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.