No Tags Found!

vineetpratapsingh

I am an employee of central goverment (public Sector company) posted at Madhya Pradesh.My Company is deducting profeesional tax Rs 208 per month from my salary.Is it applicable to me also.
From India, Mumbai
rupali armarkar
Hello,
Please find the below mentioned PT slab.
Hope it will solve your query.
MADHYA PRADESH
PT GROSS PM PER MONTH
0 - 10000 0
10001 - 12500 83
(March) 87
12501 - 15000 125
ABOVE 15000 208
(March) 212

From India, Nagpur
ritu.malgari@gmail.com
Hey could someone tell me wht is the Professional tax to be deducted for employees in Mumbai plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
From India, Mumbai
siba

Hai Ritu ,
Pls find the professional tax slab for Maharashtra w.e.f 01/07/2009 as follows:
* Employees whose monthly salary or wages are <= Rs. 5,000 – NIL
* Employees whose monthly salary or wages are <= Rs. 10,000 – Rs 175
* Employees whose monthly salary or wages are > Rs. 10,000 – Rs 200

From India, Pune
ritu.malgari@gmail.com
hey thanks seniors.......................This was a great help from your side
but I was informed by someone that the professional tax now is supposed to be 2% of the gross salary
would you tell me how true this information is.

From India, Mumbai
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Ritu Ji
Different states have fixed their own rates for profession tax. There is nothing like 2% or so.
Incidentally, may I draw your attention to one thing ? It is profession tax and professional tax.

From India, Pune
Prasantpadhi
Hi, for 200 slab the deduction in Feb is 300/-, what abt the slab of 175 in feb deduction? Plz updat for everybody’s concern. Prasant Padhi
From India, Mumbai
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Prashant Ji,
In Maharashtra state, employees whose annual salary falls under slab of Rs.2500 for the financial year, have to pay profession tax @ Rs.200 for eleven months and @ Rs.300 in the twelfth month. Total amounts to Rs.2500 for the financial year.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.