anjali-dwivedi
Hi, I am working in a government organisation.
I am on maternity leave, and they cut my travel allowance and patient care allowance from my salary.
Am I eligible to take a travel allowance, or should it be deducted???

From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Any amount which is part of fixed salary cannot be deducted where as any amount which is paid apart from fixed salary, ( say as reimbursement) subject to production of bills can be deducted.
From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

I think the travel allowance can be reduced because obviously you are not travelling.
I do not know what patient care allowance is.

Technically, the 'allowance' may not be considered as a part of Salary under the act if the company can prove that it was meant to defray the expense of travelling to office. Again, the contention may not be accepted by the authorities. However, generally travel allowance is a small component of the salary and it may not be worthwhile to fight on it, specially if you are considering working with them long term

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

If it is part of fixed emoluments like basic, DA, HRA then TA shouldn't be recovered. On the other hand, and if it is linked to attendance then reduction is possible. Many employers obtain monthly claims towards TA & paid as certified and as reimbursement (akin to tax planning). In this case TA is not possible. Patient care ? Is't something like an allow.payable to para medics who have to attend to patients? Is't linked to days on duty ? No idea pl.
From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

Traveling allowance is paid to an employee who travels to office, and when you are on leave you will not be entitled to get it. Similarly, patient care allowance being an allowance paid on duty alone, the same will not be available when you are on leave.Out of the total salary payable under a government pay scale, only one compensatory allowance admissible to an employee while on leave/ especially long leave like maternity leave is the house rent allowance. In private companies, however, most of the components of salary are part of remuneration because in such establishments it is the CTC which is decided first, and salary and all allowances come only next to it!!!
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.