Anonymous
I worked remotely at the Bhopal office from June 2021 to January 2022, but left after six months due to personal reasons, giving a month's notice. Upon rejoining the company on March 25, 2024, at the Lucknow work-from-home center, I was unexpectedly asked to stop training on the tenth day. The HR department called me in for a meeting regarding a Background Verification (BGV) issue, which arose from a small error in my experience letter. My actual tenure at Startek was from June 26, 2021, to January 13, 2022, but mistakenly, I had altered the dates on the experience letter to show January 26, 2021, to January 13, 2022, leading to the BGV failure. It was not my intention to deceive but an oversight during the documentation process.

Realizing my mistake, I tried to rectify it to avoid losing my job. Despite reaching out to HR for assistance, my calls and messages went unanswered. Another HR representative then coerced me into resigning by drafting a resignation letter on my behalf, threatening to withhold my salary if I didn't comply, leaving me with no option but to resign due to the Zero Tolerance Policy. Subsequently, I started seeking new job opportunities and was fortunate to be contacted by a consultancy recruiting for the Teleperformance Flipkart process. After successfully completing interviews and rounds, I was offered a role as a Customer Service Executive. Following an 11-day wait for onboarding from July 14 to July 25, just five days into training, I was informed by HR that my experience letter was deemed fraudulent after verifying with my previous employer, who confirmed my tenure but stated the certificate was invalid, leading to my departure. What Should I do now?? Should I start my career as a Fresher.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.