shruti_dasalkar
Hello friends,
I want a information / input on 'Mckinsey/GE 9 Block Matrix'
Wanna implement d same in my organization.
Pl pl do reply if any of cite HR members hav d information.
Plz do the needfull.
Regards,
Shruti

From India
skgiridhar

GE/McKinsey 9-Block Matrix

http://www.redpointcoaching.com/reso...Matrix_000.pdf

In 1968, then-CEO of GE, Fred Borch, asked McKinsey and Co. for an examination of GE’s corporate
structure. McKinsey’s examination revealed that GE’s structure was inadequate, and they argued that “the
firm should be organized on more strategic lines, with greater concern for external conditions than internal
controls.” The company was divided into strategic business units, or SBUs.
In 1971, a GE exec. asked McKinsey to evaluate strategic plans drawn up by the SBUs. According to
GE, the BCG Growth Matrix, with only two performance measures, was insufficient for the company’s needs.
From this request, the GE/McKinsey 9-block matrix, a system using a “dozen measures to screen for industry
attractiveness and another dozen to screen for competitive position,” was developed.
Questions/Tasks for you:
1. Plot each segment of your business on the GE/McKinsey 9-block matrix.
2. What actions do you need to take to push your growth units?
3. What do you need to do to harvest/divest your weak units?

From India, Secunderabad
shruti_dasalkar
Dear Mr.SK Giridhar,
Thanks a lot for your kind help, and for giving information about 9 Block matrix. But, just to b precise, I am little bit clear, theoretically with this concept, but m unaware of practically implementing it, so cud u plz through some light on it.
Actually, We hav our own business, Auth. dealer for Engineering Machines, DG sets, Engines, And Material handling Eqpmts. And have offices across 6 locations in Maharashtra. so wanna implement the same to all locations. so hw shud I go about it?? Pl tell
Plz do the needfull.
Thanx
Shruti

From India
nashbramhall

Dear Shruti
Please go through the various sites at Google and you may find the answer you are seeking. You may have to engage a consultant to do it effectively.
Have a nice day.
Simhan
A retired academic in UK

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.