No Tags Found!

Siddharth patil
Is my company liable to pay me if they relieve me earlier? I have completed 46 days, and the notice period is 90 days. The BHR has told me today is your last day. We are giving you early release as there are still 44 days to complete my notice period. Would the company pay for these remaining 44 days?
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Siddhartha Patil,

I wish you had raised this to your HR. Anyway, refer to the clause inserted in the appointment letter about the notice period. What does it say? Please copy and reproduce the verbatim of the clause in your next post. The comments can be given on reading it.

After resigning, if the employee asks for an early release without completing the notice period mentioned in the appointment letter, the companies seek payment in place of the uncompleted notice period. So, as a corollary, you are also eligible to get the proportionate payment for the early release by the company. However, this is the general interpretation. As said earlier, please provide us with the details of the clause about the notice period.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

Their liability to pay the entire notice pay is dependent on the terms which are there in your employment contract or appointment letter. Morally, if they asked you to complete the notice period and you delayed your joining at the next company for it, they should pay you.

Taking a legal route is expensive and not worth it.
I suggest you take the matter up with the HR or perhaps a senior executive if you have a connect to them

From India, Mumbai
ashok pal

Sir/Madam,
Giving a notice period of 90 days to your company means you will leave your company on 90th day. It is for to recruit another person/employee. In among 90 days employee work. If company relieve you before 90 days means the company can relieve you before. Then go to new company. Company will not pay you for balance days. If new company does not employ you before 90 days then enjoy your life.

From India, Indore
ashok-sharma1

Yes. They are bound to pay you towards unserved notice period as they themselves are asking you to leave early.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.