No Tags Found!

p_behl
Hi, Can anyone suggest a trainer for personality development and workplace dress code etiquette?

Require for 1 hour as a part of schools traing programme.

As it is for school, I am looking for a trainer who can take a 1 hour session as gratitude(free)

The school is an international school located in Mumbai

Any suggestions/ details pls

From India, Virar
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Just wondering why an International (?) School located in a cosmopolitan city looking for a Trainer who can give training free of cost !. I'm very much curious to know whether the school is providing free education to students without collecting any fees !
From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear P Behl,

Mr Lakshmi Narayanan MA has hit a nail on the head. His question is logical.

You wish to develop the personalities of the international school students in Mumbai. One of the important lessons of personality development is not to take anything free from others. This is because those who develop the product or services, invest their time and other resources. They expect fair returns on their investments. Paying for the worth of the product or service is the bare minimum expectation from the customers in general and from the management of an international school, in particular.

The school's management needs to take a lesson or two on personality development before conducting training for the students. If their personalities are not developed, then the students' personalities will never be developed, regardless of whether it is paid or free.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

P. S.: - Our comments may appear harsh; however, the posts raised on the public forum face public scrutiny. Members are expected to keep this in mind while raising the posts.

From India, Bangalore
p_behl
Dear sir,
Firstly,Thanks for replying to the post.
Ita good to read that without knowing or understanding the matter, the comments were mentioned. But yes I can understand as it's somewhere business which gets affected, and I completely understand that and everyone has a right to earn in their meaningful way.
So, would have appreciated if the context was asked or elaboration was asked rather than being judgemental or opinionated on the forum.putting people or institution down without knowing is also incorrect

Though, nowhere it was mentioned as a inhouse trainer or training session required .
It was meant as a workshop if can be conducted for an hour max as csr for staff .
Nowhere ,it was mentioned as school policy or requirement.
It was just an HR activity , wherein if any trainer would just like to have a meet up with staff and brush up upon some skills etc. but you have taken it on the institution which is not correct.
HR tries various initiatives in its own capacity , you may like it or dislike it but putting down people or institution without even understanding and asking shows that somewhere you are full of yourself sir.
You could have opposed the initiatives ,but being claimed harsh does not necessarily means proving your point. Rational discussion can be done and asked rather than creating perceptions
Again reiterating sirs, it has nothing to do with the institution of which you don't know. Its a part of HR initiatives and you are welcome to reject it or share your viewpoints, but hopefully it will be in a good taste going forward . Also note, nowhere it's mentioned it's mandatory,so rather than judging ,prices could have been quoted for 1 hour and I must have taken it up for discussion.

Sir, Thanks for your feedback though, I have learnt to be more humble and not jump the gun🙏

From India, Virar
vmlakshminarayanan

Dear Mr.Bhel,

My intention is not to hurt you or to degrade the Institution you belongs to. Primarily want to clarify it.

If you had perceived the message other way then my apologies to you.

I'm just concerned of your enquiry for free training session ( or workshop as you termed now) for your school. Whether the session is for Students or for Faculties there should be some value ..when some one is offering their expertise.. spend time and efforts for your staff betterment .. the school Management should also reciprocate with some value honoring their expertise. How much you pay is not the criteria but there should be some mutual exchange. Expecting free service is not sounding good and looks odd. It is prudent to refer a phrase "if the service is free, you're the product" Some Beginners so as to test their presentation/ training skills will use your school as a platform to enhance their public speaking skills. Ultimately your expectation on the session will get defeated.

Quality of any service or product depends on how much we pay for it !

I hope you will perceive my thoughts in the right spirit .

From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

It is very interesting that you expect free training for your students.
I dont care who the institution is, but I would be very much interested in understand your reasoning as to why you think someone will do it free of cost. If you were asking a parent to do it, I can understand. But why will a commercial trainer give a training free of cost?

I have given free trainings (mostly awareness trainings) but only where I expect it will lead to consulting assignments, which is definitely not the case where it's in an international school.

So please enlighten me, what is the rational and expectation.

As for your grouse of people being 'judgemental', well, if you are asking something for free, you should expect judgement both on your institution and yourself.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.