Aamir9769
Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out to this forum because I’m currently experiencing challenges with my job search. Despite my efforts, I’ve been facing a lot of rejections or not being shortlisted for positions I’m applying for HR manager. I suspect my CV might be the issue.

Could you please help me review my current CV and provide detailed feedback? I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it more impressive and tailored to catch the attention of recruiters. Here are a few specific areas where I’d appreciate guidance:

Formatting and Layout
Content
Keywords
Personal Branding
Overall Impressions
I’ve attached my current CV for reference. Any help, templates, or examples of successful CVs would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Aamir
+91 9769 141 914
aamir9769@gmail.com

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Aamir - CV.pdf (574.9 KB, 0 views)

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Leading Job portals like Naukri / Monster are providing professional Resume Writing services with some nominal charges.

I would suggest you to seek their help. They will provide you personalized attention. They will gather details from you and will provide multiple drafts.

When you need quality services you should be willing to pay for it.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Aamifr,

Aamir Shaikh: A Seasoned HR Professional Driving Organizational Excellence

Aamir Shaikh is a seasoned human resources professional with an impressive career spanning over 18 years. His extensive experience in HR processes, administration, operations, and client relationship management has established myself as a hands-on, proactive troubleshooter with a proven ability to identify business challenges, initiate strategic change, and implement effective solutions.

The professional journey began at Chanakya International Pvt. Ltd., where he currently holds the position of HR Manager. In this role, he spearheads the company's day-to-day HR activities, handling the entire employee life cycle. Aamir plays an active role in performance management systems and the annual increment cycle, collaborating closely with management and stakeholders to formulate HR policies. He is adept at creating comprehensive job descriptions and training modules, conducting manpower planning and needs analysis, and developing robust recruitment and induction processes.

Prior to his current role,I have served as the HR Manager at Automotive Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd., where he led the HR functions for Maruti Arena and Ashok Leyland dealerships across Maharashtra. During his tenure, Aamir successfully revamped the entire HR process, ensuring smooth operations and streamlining various HR functions. He spearheaded an increase in critical sales manpower, helping the company achieve its target market share. My strategic interventions resulted in a reduction in attrition to less than 15% and an increase in retention to 35%. He also ensured strict HR compliance with company directives, collaborating closely with the Legal and HSE teams.

Before HR leadership roles, I worked as an Assistant Manager for Client Relations and Recruitment at Middle East Management Services. In this position, he excelled in recruitment and customer success management, handling key Middle East clients and meeting ambitious recruitment targets. my expertise extended to team management, travel arrangements for interview locations, end-to-end hiring, business development, and database management.

The professional journey also includes a stint as a Senior Admin Executive at IIJT Infotech Computer Education, where he implemented general administrative tasks, maintained efficient control mechanisms, and liaised with government departments. Additionally, he served as an Assistant Duty Manager (Sales and Operations) at The Mobile Stores – Essar Telecom, where he oversaw routine store operations, target analysis, customer complaint handling, and performance management.

Throughout the career, I have honed a diverse set of competencies and skills. He is adept at recruiting and interviewing, problem-solving, data-driven decision-making, budget management, and possesses a deep understanding of labor laws and regulations. my professionalism, organizational acumen, and project management expertise have been recognized through various certifications and awards, including Effective Office Management and Client Dealing from Reliance NISS Sparta, HR Recruiter Skill Certification Program from Times-Job, and HR Interviewing Skills Certification.

My academic credentials include a Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from Wellingkar's Institute of Management Development and Research, as well as a Graduate degree in English Literature and Psychology from Mumbai University. He has also received training on Spine HRMS and Payroll Software.

My extensive experience, diverse skill set, and unwavering commitment to excellence make him a valuable asset to any organization seeking to optimize its human capital and drive organizational growth. my proven track record in HR transformation, talent acquisition, and employee engagement positions him as a strategic HR leader capable of navigating complex challenges and delivering sustainable business impact.

Hope this provides you some information for modification of your CV.
All the best for your future endevour

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
narendra3152
Hi Aamir,

Here's a detailed review and feedback on the areas you specified:

Formatting and Layout:
The CV is quite lengthy and dense, making it challenging to scan quickly. Consider breaking up the content into shorter paragraphs and using more bullet points to improve readability.

Use a consistent formatting style throughout, especially for dates and job titles.
Consider adding clear section headings to separate different parts of the CV.

Content:

The profile summary is a good start, but consider making it more concise and focused on your unique value proposition.

In the work experience section, use more specific numbers and metrics to demonstrate the impact of your work. For example, instead of "spearheading day-to-day HR activities," mention "managed a team of X people, resulting in Y% increase in productivity."

Emphasize achievements over responsibilities, and use action verbs like "developed," "improved," and "increased" to describe your accomplishments.
Keywords:

The CV could benefit from more industry-specific keywords, especially in the HR and recruitment space. Consider incorporating terms like "talent management," "employee engagement," and "compliance management."

Use keywords consistently throughout the CV, especially in the work experience and skills sections.

Personal Branding:

The profile summary and certifications/awards section showcase your expertise, but consider adding more personal touches to demonstrate your unique strengths and values.

Use a professional yet approachable tone throughout the CV.

Overall Impressions:

The CV demonstrates your extensive experience in HR and recruitment, but could benefit from a more modern and visually appealing design.

Consider adding a personal statement or objective to clearly articulate your career goals and job aspirations.

Some additional suggestions:

Proofread the CV multiple times to catch any spelling or grammar errors.

Consider adding a separate section for relevant tools and software proficiency.

Use a standard font throughout the CV, and avoid using too many different font sizes and styles.

I hope this feedback helps you refine your CV and enhance your job search!

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Aamir Shaikh,
I have gone through your CV. Overall, you have written it well. However, the following are the suggestions for improvement:

a) Before "Profile," write the career objective.
b) After "Career Objective," write the "Noteworthy Achievements."
c) After "Noteworthy Achievements," write the "Job Summary in Brief" in reverse chronological order.
d) After "Job Summary in Brief," write the key skills you possess.
e) The Most Important Suggestion: - Your entire CV is numberless. Writing numbers means writing what did you increase or decrease during your tenure at a particular company. While working as an HR Manager at Automotive Manufacturers Pvt Ltd, you have written:  Successfully reduced attrition to less than 15% and increased retention to 35% Yes, exactly like this, you should include the sentences for each tenure. However, questions could be asked in these sentences, and you should be able to justify them during the interview.

Otherwise, you have written bullet points for each tenure. That is good. Recruiters and HR professionals glance at the CV and make quick opinions. Please note that the dictionary meaning of "curriculum vitae" is a summary of one's academic and work history and not an essay on one's academic and work history. In today's fast-paced world, nobody has time to read essays!

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.