No Tags Found!

manju@firstcry.com
I need a small advise on “Maternity Benefit”. We have the policy of 3 months maternity benefit for our female employees. We recently have a case from one of our female employee. She has been taking leaves for a while now. Her due date is somewhere in Jan 2017. And she wants to proceed on a maternity leave Since 1st Nov 2016.
The kind of work which she does, will not be in a position to allow for the work from home option. What would you suggest in such scenario.

From India, Pune
Mahr

Hi Manju,
You cannot refrain her for going on Maternity leave. However, best way is to discuss the same with her to arrive in a mutual situation wherein her tasks can be handled or cascaded accordingly.

From India, Bangalore
Asiamah boafo
Dear Manjufirstcry. I do not know the law of India but in our case the maternity leave can not be taking without a confinement letter from medical practitioner stating the due date for delivery and since by law it is three calender months for maternity leave unless it is not natural birth which will come with 2 additional weeks. she need to be counsel regarding the procedure on maternity leave and how she can take it. In some instance, she can use her accrued leave if she has any but i believe discussing with her will help.
From Ghana, Accra
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.