kirangoel
Dear All I have joined a frieght forwarding company. as an HR. Kindly give me valid reasons for making 6 days working to 5 days working. It is formost thing that i want to implement in the company.
From India, Gurgaon
Sum_786

Hi,
Now a days almost in all MNC's working for 5 days even in Bank also working days changed. By five days you can save the all admin expenses lik electricity and stationery etc. Earlier I said if in other co's and in bank have holidays than no more work for sales and account department on those days. If you are in production and manufacturing co and have works in a shift than 6 days is ideal.
And most importantly after a two days of wkoff employee will be work with full energy for the rest days.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Kiran,
The subject comes up for discussion after every year or so. You may check my following replies of previous posts:
https://www.citehr.com/190753-increa...tml#post848570
https://www.citehr.com/450840-does-5...ml#post2086360
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

The thought has hit your mind keeping in view some reason which made you think of 5 days working instead of 6 days. In the forum you will get different reasons/opinions which may or may not be the reason affecting you/your employees. Hence it is advisable to take the employees view and get the directors consent on it.
If the reason of any member of the forum are taken in front of your directors, the director may ask several question which you cannot answer upfront. So please consult the employees first and then proceed with their reasoning.

From India, Ahmadabad
rajeeviscon

There are few experience I want to share-
1) you have assure management that there is no loss of productivity, sales, business etc by reducing the working hours.
2) There is no increase on administrative expenses, in fact you should be able to show some reduction in expenses on account of lighting, transport, office phones etc
3) Assure management that even when people are on off on Saturdays they will be in touch in relation to business and no work will stop.

From India, Suri
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.