Niharika Kriplani

Hello All,
If anyone could help me with " A game known as Chinese Whispers (advanced version) used in Communications workshop" . I had been to a Training program on communications where this game was played and during the conclusions, it left a good learning.
Eg. A small story was told by a major to two of his surgeants. From that surgents drew some conclusion and gave instructions to their subordinates. Due to some gaps in communication subordinates understood something else and ultimately it lead to wrong actions...........
I too wish to use ithis game in my Training Program. Please send me a guideline of this game(with an appropriate case) in a document format if possible. My email-id is [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/misc.php?do=email_dev&email=bmloYXJpa2FAY2gtaW5kaW EuY29t[/IMG]
Thanks & Regards,
Niharika

From India, Bhopal
Ash Mathew

Hello:

Chinese whispers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chinese Whispers <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
BBC - h2g2 - How to Play 'Chinese Whispers'

You may use the following game that I designed during a training program. (its just linked to Chinese Whispers)

If u have a group of ppl (say 25 - 30), ask 8 or 10 volunteers to wait outside the room.
Ask the people remaining in the room - to observe what u r doing

Call in one person (volunteer no. 1) from the team waiting outside to come in

Do an act like - giving bath to an elephant or making a kid get ready to go to school

After that - ask the volunteer 1 - to call in volunteer 2 and do the same act (then ask the observers to predict what is done)
Then Volunteer 2 - shuld be asked to enact the same thing what volunteer 1 did - to volunteer 3

Each time ask the observers to predict what is being shown.

At the end of the 10th volunteer walking in n observing the act and enacting it...
Break the ice by saying what u exactly did.

In our case - givign bath to elephant went to the extent of "Bird running away from a scared vulture"!!

This is what happens when communication happens thru many ppl...

(U may have a better idea probably - pls do something that u think is suitable for ur group)

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.