Manmath Sahoo

Dear All,
I have a issue, that in my Organization one Employee join with a Gross salary of 8500/- per month and after some time, it is know 11000/-. Previously we contribute ESI for him as per the ESI rule. According to the rule he is Exmpted. But it will be effect from the increment month or not. If not for how many month we have to contribute ESI for the employee. In which section or according to which law it will be work. Please specify the law, section or rule.
Regards
Manmath

From India, New Delhi
prathimareddy

Manmath, Not Mandatory to contribute ESI to the particular employer once the gross crosses 10000/- per month. It is purely at the discretion of the employer.
From India, New Delhi
malikjs

dear mamath
it is not like that if salary of any employee exceeds more than 10000/- per month inbetween of contribution period ,than u have to deduct ESI on 11000 (in your case)
and deposit the same upto the end of contribution period which is from apr to sep and oct to mar.
pls refer section 2(9) of ESI act 1948 in the definition of employee.
tks
j s malik

From India, Delhi
balukrish
Dear Manmath,
During the Half yearly contribution period that is April to September or Oct to March
Assuming that the salary was Rs.8500 in April & May and increment was from June onwards to 11000.
Earlier the contribution was on 8500 but now it will be on 11000 till September(that is upto the Half year end.
Bala

From India, Hyderabad
raja86s
Yeah... I agree with Malik

From India, Gurgaon
yadavneeraj79

dear sahoo
as per my knowledge if a emp. covered in esi and then his salary will incease more than 10,000.00 pm.
beside that we have to ded esi cont. for that perticular period
but that will be ded. on 10,000.00 not on his actual salary either that will
be 11000 or 100000 not a metter
thanks
neeraj

From India, New Delhi
p ramachandran

Dear friend,
when a esi covered employee crosses the salary limit of Rs,10000, he ought to contribute till the contribution ends. from the next contribution period he will be treated as exempted employee.
For example, Mr.x is drawing Rs.9500 in April 2008 and contributing esi for april,may and in the month of june 2008, he is paid an increment of Rs.1500 and his total earnings would be Rs.11000/ . In his case he has to contribute till sept2008 for the whole earning.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.