No Tags Found!

apex00
For example, if my relieving date is on 23rd September (Monday) in current organisation, can I join the next organisation immediately on the next day, if they have given me date of joining as 24th September (Tuesday)? (Assuming both organisations are in the same city and I don't need to relocate).

Is it totally fine or will there be any issues due to it? Do I need to request the next organisation to postpone the date of joining? Please advice me since I am not much familiar with job switches and quite scared that something might go wrong and affect my career. Thanks in advance.

From India, Chennai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member, Yes, you can take a new employment on the very next day of your relieving from the previous organisation. Unless there is an overlap, there are no legal issues. Thanks, Dinesh Divekar
From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

You can take the new job on the next day irrespective of any location. I have done the same in couple of my employment. You need to ensure that you are completing all the exit formalities and receive the relieving on last working day and date of exit also on the last day from the existing company to avoid any challenges in future
From India, Bangalore
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

There is nothing wrong or illegal to join the new company on next day of previous employment.
Check that all the official formalities have been completed duly before the new joining date. The old company mark exit dt 23 rd Sept'2024 in all the record and in EPFO portal.

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

We have seen a few queries in the recent past on 'overlapping' of date of relieving and date of joining. In order to avoid any confusion later, I would advise you to first receive & check your relieving date as in your Relieving Letter and if it is dated 23.9.24, Monday then you as well join the new Co. on 24.9.24, Tuesday itself. No issue.
1) Ensure your Date of Relieving is stated therein correctly (sort out Notice Period issue if any).
2) Also ensure in your PF records Exit date is marked promptly as 23.9.24.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.