Anonymous
My husband is having an affair in his office with one of his colleagues. He has been harassing me every day and beating me for 10 years. I am unable to confront them as I don't have any proof. I want to put a case on their company so that they can fire them. Either they confirm their affair, or I will put a case on them and company. How can I put a case on them?
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Madam,

What is happening in your personal life is unfortunate. Trust is the foundation on which the family life rests, but your life partner has breached that trust. I understand the trauma you are going through.

Having said that, let me recommend you check with a competent lawyer and find out whether adultery is a crime. This is because a few years ago, the Supreme Court of India decriminalised adultery. Secondly, there is no point in approaching your spouse's company. This is because, even if the relationship is illicit, this is a matter between two consenting adults, and the company administration cannot interfere. Yes, you may inform them officially about the illicit relationship, but they cannot do more than counsel the pair engaged in amatory activities. You expect your husband's company to terminate him, but on what grounds can they do so? Personal life is outside the purview of the company's rules.

Your post says that your spouse assaulted you physically. In that case, this becomes a case of domestic violence. However, to file a police complaint, you will need material evidence. Please generate it surreptitiously and approach the police authorities.

Since this is a case of conjugal relationship, I recommend that you approach a family counsellor. A seasoned counsellor may press a reset button to restore normalcy in the relationship between both of you.

This is a forum for HR professionals. Since you have approached us with a query related to personal life and not related to HR management, this thread will be closed.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.