No Tags Found!

sagar-shriyan
My previous employer called me back after I left the company in October '23 after serving my notice period, saying he would increase my salary. Then, my salary was delayed for two months, and in December '23, I received the same amount, so I left the company the next day.

Later, after many follow-ups for salary payments for November and December '23, I was called to the office in April'24 and told by the Boss that I would get full payment in one week. I have a voice recording of the entire meeting. I also have call recordings, SMS messages, and mail reminders.

But i am still being said next week next week even after daily follow ups.
Please guide me. I am fed up. Even thinking of trying some other illegal ways to get my money back if needed.

From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Hi Sagar-Shriyan,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Here's a structured approach to help you get your dues legally and effectively:

1. Gather and Organize Evidence
Ensure all your documentation is in order:

Voice recordings
Call recordings
SMS messages
Email correspondences
Any other written communications
2. Send a Formal Demand Letter
Draft a formal letter demanding the payment of your dues:

Clearly state the amount owed.
Reference the agreement made during your meeting in April.
Include a deadline for payment (e.g., 7-14 days from the date of the letter).
Mention that you will take legal action if the payment is not made by the deadline.
3. Seek Legal Advice
Consult with a lawyer who specializes in employment law. They can help you:

Draft the demand letter professionally.
Advise on the next steps if the demand letter is ignored.
Represent you in any legal proceedings if necessary.
4. File a Complaint with the Labour Court or Tribunal
If your employer still fails to pay, you can file a formal complaint:

Approach the Labour Commissioner’s office in your area.
Provide all your evidence and the demand letter.
They will mediate and, if necessary, take legal action against the employer.
5. Stay Professional and Avoid Illegal Actions
While the situation is frustrating, engaging in illegal activities can jeopardize your case and lead to legal consequences for you. It’s important to remain calm and follow legal procedures to resolve the issue.

6. Use Professional Networks
If you have professional contacts or know others in the industry, share your situation discreetly. Sometimes, industry pressure or word-of-mouth can encourage employers to resolve such issues more promptly.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

There are always legal and illegal ways.
Both cost money.

You are foolish to actually return and then continue in spite of not getting your salary on time. But sometimes it's necessary to learn from mistakes.

How much is the salary due?
One way is to approach the Labour Commissioner for help.
Other is to approach unions or local politicians, both of which have their own set of problems.
As for illegal means, hope you considered the risk, including imprisonment. And do you think that comes free?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.