No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I had withdrawn my PF and Pension contributions from my previous company in the year 2013 due to ill health and financial problems. After a few months, I joined a new company and am continuing my service till now.
Now I want to repay pension amount to PF department to get entitled to pension scheme. Is there any procedure to this effect? I would appreciate if any member could please provide me information in this regard.

From India, Hyderabad
ashakantasharma

Yes, it is possible to restore your entitlement to the pension scheme under the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) by repaying the withdrawn pension amount to the EPF department. Here’s how you can go about it:

### Procedure to Repay Pension Amount:

1. **Eligibility**: Ensure you are eligible to join the pension scheme. Generally, this requires you to have completed 10 years of service, which includes the period for which you have withdrawn your pension amount.

2. **Contact EPFO**: Reach out to the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) office where your PF account is maintained. You can find your regional EPFO office on the EPFO website or through your employer.

3. **Request for Calculation**: Request the EPFO to calculate the amount that needs to be repaid to restore your pension entitlement. This amount typically includes the withdrawn pension amount plus interest accrued from the date of withdrawal to the date of repayment.

4. **Payment Procedure**: Make the payment of the calculated amount to the EPFO. This can usually be done through a demand draft (DD) or electronic funds transfer (EFT) as specified by the EPFO office.

5. **Submit Application**: Submit an application to the EPFO along with proof of payment (like the DD or EFT receipt) stating your intention to restore your entitlement to the pension scheme.

6. **Processing**: The EPFO will process your request and update your pensionable service accordingly once the repayment is verified and accepted.

### Important Points to Consider:

- **Interest Calculation**: The interest rate applicable for repayment is determined by the EPFO and may vary from time to time.

- **Documentation**: Keep copies of all documents related to your repayment and communication with the EPFO for future reference.

- **Consultation**: If you have any doubts or need assistance with the process, consider consulting with a financial advisor or contacting the EPFO directly for guidance.

Restoring your entitlement to the pension scheme by repaying the withdrawn amount demonstrates your commitment to securing your pension benefits. It’s a proactive step towards ensuring financial security during your retirement years.

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.