No Tags Found!

dalip-kumar1
Dear All, I m join a company in Punjab area from Feb-2019.
Till two salary payment amounting Rs 15000/- I have received but still no appointment letter ( Incl salary structure ) yet to receive from employer as the offer letter was received at the time of interview.
In a interview, the employer was ready to pay Rs.15000/- in hand salary plus compliance ( PF, ESI, LWF etc ).
Whenever the employer deposit my PF and ESI in the next month, i came know that my salary on compliance sheet is Rs.6750/- Gross and Rs 10788/- Net Salary.
Basic Gross Days Earned PF ESI LWF T. Dedu Gross Wshng Allow Bonus Leave Gratuity Net Pay
6750 6750 31.0 6,750 810 118 5 933 5817 3500 562 584 325 10788
My question is I m working in Punjab area but the basic is Rs 6750/- i.e. Himachal minimum wage.
Secondly my in hand salary Rs.15000/- then how the employer prepare the false salary sheet for compliance. Is it a possible to make the salary different for employee and Govt bodies to reduce the statutory cost.
Kindly advice what can i do ??

From India, Chandigarh
ashakantasharma

It appears there are several concerns regarding your employment and salary structure. Here are the key issues and steps you can consider:

### 1. Minimum Wage Compliance:

- **Geographical Discrepancy**: You mentioned working in Punjab but being paid the minimum wage of Himachal Pradesh (Rs. 6,750 for Basic). Each state in India has its own minimum wage rates, and it's essential that your employer complies with the minimum wage laws of Punjab since that is where you are employed.

- **Potential Violation**: Paying less than the prescribed minimum wage for Punjab could potentially violate labor laws. It's important to verify the minimum wage rates applicable in Punjab for your category of employment (skilled, semi-skilled, unskilled) and ensure your employer adheres to these rates.

### 2. Salary Structure and Compliance:

- **Discrepancy in Salary Structure**: Your in-hand salary is Rs. 15,000, but the compliance sheet shows a basic salary of Rs. 6,750 with additional components. This suggests a discrepancy between what you are actually earning and what is reported for compliance purposes.

- **Statutory Deductions**: The compliance sheet indicates deductions for PF, ESI, and LWF based on the reported salary structure. It's crucial that these deductions are calculated correctly based on your actual earnings.

### 3. Steps to Take:

- **Request for Appointment Letter**: Firstly, request your employer to provide you with an appointment letter that clearly outlines your salary structure, including basic salary, allowances, deductions, and other benefits. This document is crucial for understanding your employment terms and for future reference.

- **Seek Clarification**: Approach your HR or employer to seek clarification on the discrepancy between your actual salary (Rs. 15,000 in-hand) and the reported compliance sheet (Rs. 10,788 net salary). Understand why there is a difference and whether it complies with applicable laws.

- **Raise Concerns**: If you believe there is deliberate misrepresentation of your salary to reduce statutory costs (like PF, ESI, etc.), raise your concerns with HR or management in a professional manner. Document any communications or discrepancies for future reference.

- **Labor Department**: If discussions with your employer do not resolve the issue and you suspect violation of minimum wage laws or other labor regulations, consider seeking advice from the labor department of Punjab. They can provide guidance and investigate if necessary.

### 4. Legal Advice:

- **Consultation**: If the situation escalates or remains unresolved, consider consulting with a labor lawyer who specializes in employment laws. They can provide legal advice and assist in resolving disputes related to wages, compliance, and employment terms.

### Conclusion:

It's important to ensure that your employment terms and salary comply with applicable laws, especially regarding minimum wages and statutory deductions. Requesting clarity from your employer and seeking advice from relevant authorities or legal experts can help resolve these issues and ensure fair treatment under employment laws.

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.