anantha.murugan

I agree with Meena, once the we understand the problem and it is wrong then we have to take some hard decision
From India, Mumbai
rohan.bhatt
Hi Radhika,

There are many things that come up like this in the Hr person's any day at work... This is the case with your performing irregular citizen... Simple thing.. U are not gonna pay him for the days he does not come (Are You??) Why do you need to worry then.. One thing abt talking can and should be done, second there should be some kinda lateral pressure for him to become disciplined (Like giving a promotion or a raise to the immediate next good performer and make him feel like one heck of a loser), stop giving him the benefits of the normal employees who are regular. And to all the guys who are trying to fill up your ears against dat guy.. remember, they want him to get sacked coz they want his place. HR works on caveman concepts and jungle strategies (Homosapiens have got almost 70% similar DNA to Apes).

Just dont think too much. It causes stress.. Think of practical ways to solve such problems. It is not an issue at all.. Try and temme what happened..

Regards,

Rohan B
SQuare Consulting and Management Services
Surat, GJ

From India, Pune
shikhanagar
Hi Radhika:
If an employee is performing well but having some disciplinary issues it should be handled with utmost care, I would suggest you see his previous records, whether he has a habit of doing it or it is just these days he is doing so, and if it is so should take some disciplinary actions against him; otherwise, would have to find out what are the problems which are making him to do this.
I think this will help you.
Thanks and Regards,
Shikha Dave

From India, Mumbai
Punya99
This is a very simple issue as far as I see. You must get your company priorities right. What is more important..?? Company or this undisciplined individual & his good performance..??
As far as I see, the company is more important than any individual and no one is indispensable..!!! “Because of your company, you have a job” and not "that the company exist because of you"...people will come & go but the company will go on as long as the owners will run it well.
Therefore, he must fall in line with the company rules (option 01) or he must leave the company (option 02) before he becomes a bad influence on the others.
You must get a suitably a good replacement with correct attitude and train him with the skills required and you are sure to have a better person than this undisciplined fellow.
This is the job of HRD...!!!

From Sri Lanka, Panadura