smrin

Hi All
I work of a corporate company in Hyderabad. My Business Group has completed 60 years. On completion of 60 years. Our Head office located in US has sent Notepad and Pens to Hyderabad office and the Team is US has also shared UPS Tracking ID. While tracking those ID on UPS site. I understood that the shipment reached MUM UPS and their are asking for invoice some time and some time for declaration.
Is there any one on site from UPS or can any one able to help me with UPS shipment checklist. what exactly we need to have in place for getting that shipment. Please help.
Thanks
Simran Soni

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Simran,

Your office from US should have provided invoice while booking the shipment. Invoice is required for sending the gift articles also. Since this is cross-company stock transfer, no custom charges will be levied. But then your US office should have given declaration through invoice why they are sending the shipment, what are the contents, what is the quantity etc.

If your US office did not provide invoice, then UPS courier should have asked for the invoice. Why he picked up the shipment without invoice? if the shipment was picked up without invoice then UPS Mumbai office should have alerted you on arrival of shipment without invoice. In the manifest, they get details of each and every shipment with supporting paperwork. They could have been proactive and could have asked for the invoice well before the arrival of the shipment.

Shipment has stuck in customs since there is failure at multiple locations. Now as a solution, I recommend you asking UPS customer service to provide you the format of invoice. Filling invoice is just a matter of five minutes.

This yet another surprise to me. Why UPS customer service of Mumbai did not ask whether you are aware of invoice? If not then why the customer service agent did not provide sample invoice in the very first telephonic discussion?

Final comments: - This is a classic case study of how people work. Notwithstanding of having ISO, processes everywhere, goof ups continue to happen.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
smrin

Hi Dinesh
Our US team has shared Invoice with UPS person while shipping the shipment which show the unit cost of material and quantity and the invoice which I got from my US Peer show some other value/ costing. I understood this from UPS team while exchanging mails. However, Iam are very close to complete this. we will be getting a fresh invoice copy from US team with the same costing and quantity which was provided to UPS while shipping.
Can also let us know. Its will be very helpful, if we able to get few more info on Customs clearance like what all document need while shipping consignment from one country to other and what type of declaration ( format ) we need to have in place and checklist kind of stuff.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Simran SOni

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.