imrahultiwari
Hi All,
I have one concern related to my full and final. I opted for an extended cover for medical insurance wherein I opted for cover for my parents ( company was providing default cover for me and my spouse ), for the additional cover, an amount of 12 K was to be payable by me in 3 equal installments ( in the month of july, august and september ), installment was deducted from my salary in month of july and august 2013, however I have resigned on august 16th 2013, and my LWD is 10th October, 2013, so I asked my HR if the amount deducted would be pro-rata basis. HR has informed me that entire amount would be recovered from me. Also as soon as I leave the company the cover stands withdrawn. This seems quite unjust. Can anyone help on this? Is this normal practise? what action can I take if any?

From India, Pune
niteenv

Your HR is absolutely correct.
In your case cover for you and your spouse was a default cover you/your spouse were included in, as part of the Company's Group Insurance cover for Employees and their spouse(Here please note that any addition/deletion to Master of Employees covered has to be advised to Insurer. The moment any Employee parts ways with the Company, the cover comes to an End). The additional cover purchased by you for your parents would have been an add on cover to the same Group policy for Employees. The moment you part with the Organization all group covers/ Add ons thereon also automatically cease, as you are no more a part of the original group which obtained concessional premium rates , being a Group cover.
You need to get yourself and your family insured afresh on individual family floater basis if you so desire.

From India, Pune
rakesh_27
Dear Sirs,
I have an query on above matter:
Should there is any provision to claim under Income Tax Act u/s.80D for the excess amount towards premium of exteded dependents/extended Insuarance Cover under Medicalim policy.
Please advice.
Regards,Rakesh Singh

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.