No Tags Found!

Jitu

What is supperannuation and what is the period of it.. How Superannuation is calculated and what are the cretria for it.. :P
From India, Ahmadabad
eafil.hr

Dear Jitu, Superannuation is a short of retiral benifit... an employee can encash it at the time of leaving service with min ternure of 5 yrs... hope this gives u a bit clarity.. wishes EAFIL
From India, Delhi
poonam28

Hi Jitu,
I do agree with eafil,super annuition is a form of benefit given in 5 yrs time,but it is calculated as 15% of your basic which u get.i hope that u must have got some information.if u need any information feel free to ask.

From India, Bhubaneswar
H@SS@N

Hello
Its really a learning one, I would like to ask that it will be calculated as 15% of the basic salary of every month for last 5 years or is it just 15% basic salary multiply by 5 years.
Kindly make it clear.

From Paraguay
arunkumar

Some facts about Superannuation -
a) It is a retiral benefit.
b) It is normally computed at 15% of the monthly basic salary. Hence if the basic is Rs.10,000 p.m., the Superannuation contribution will be Rs.1,500 per month.
c) The Company opens a Superannuation Fund with an agency like for example - LIC. Monthly contributions are made by the Company on behalf of the eligible employees. (There is no recovery from the employees).
d) This Fund is normally invested in Govt. securities / equity to get returns.
e) When the employee retires, he/she can normally (based on rules of the Fund), be eligible for 25% of the accumulated fund.
f) The remaining is moved to a annuity fund and monthly returns commuted as pension is paid to the employee.
Regards
P.Arun Kumar

From India, Bangalore
poonam28

well, yes it is true tht super annuation is calculated on monthly basis at 15% on your salary.
From India, Bhubaneswar
Gunjan_Sharma

Superannuation is 15% of basic and gratuity is 4.81% of the basic.
Superannuation can be optional (you can opt in you on hand salary as a special allowance which will be taxable) while gratuity is not.
Superannuation can be claimed whenever you leave the company while Gartuity can only be claimed if you have completed 5 yrs.
Gunjan

From India, Vadodara
rachna_rathi
hi..
Superannuation is on 15% of the Basic salary..
the contribution is made by the employer..
These days the employer gives it by the means of benefit at the end of every year.
Gratuity's eligibility is minimum 5 years of employement in the same firm..
However, IT firms have the minimum period OF 3 years due to attrition..
Its calculated on three basis
daily
monthly
piece work
It is paid on the average salary of 15 days for every completed year of service

From India, Bhilai
Srinivasan.S
Hello Arun Can the employee get it when he leaves the company by resiging? Is there any time period (i.e min. 5 years) to get the benefit. Pl. clarify. Rgds Srinivasan.S
From Singapore, Singapore
karuna.kerni

Hi,
Can you please tell me that whether Employer intimates employee about their superannuation account Number?
If a person leaves an organization without any intimation i.e Absconding in that case would he be able to get his superannuation amount?

Goodday
Karuna Kerni

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.