pratik-s1
I need some help from you. I have been selected for the position of HR Head at a IT company. However, the owner has asked me to prepare a comprehensive presentation before joining. This presentation should demonstrate the value I can add to the company.

I plan to focus on enhancing process efficiency, introducing AI in necessary processes, developing strategies to reduce employee attrition, and building the company's brand. Can you suggest other important topics I should include in the presentation?

From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Pratik S,

Congratulations on being selected as Head of HR of the IT company. You may prepare the presentation on the following points:

1. Employee Turnover Rate
- (Separations / Average number of employees) * 100
- Visualization: Line or bar chart showing trends over time.
- Target: reduce the rate

2. Time to Hire
- Total days to hire / Number of hires
- Visualization: Gauge chart or bar graph by department/role.
- Target: to complete the hire within the specified turnaround time

3. Employee Retention Rate
- ((Employees at period end - Employees who left) / Employees at start) * 100
-Visualization: Line chart showing retention trends.
- Target: increase the rate

4. Employee Engagement
- Measurement: Survey scores
- Visualization: Heat map or bar chart by department/team.
- Target: increase the engagement score

5. Absenteeism Rate (include this ratio only provided it is applicable to your industry)
- (Total days absent / Total workdays) * 100
- Visualization: Line or bar chart showing trends.
- Target: reduce the rate

6. Training and Development
- Measurement: effectiveness scores
- Visualization: Bar charts for hours, pie charts for completion rates.
- Target: measurement of ROI for as many training programmes as possible

7. Diversity and Inclusion
- Measurement: Diversity ratios, inclusion survey scores
- Visualization: Pie charts for ratios, bar charts for scores.
- Target: increase the ratio

8. Cost per Hire
- Formula: Total recruitment costs / Number of hires
- Visualization: Bar graph by roles or departments.
- Target: reduce the cost

Inclusion of AI in HR: - Two activities of HR where AI can be used are recruitment and HR Analytics. In the former, AI assists in filtering the applications of the job candidates without bias and that too with extraordinary speed, while in the latter, the HRMS should be able to predict future attrition. Additionally, AI should reduce manual or repetitive tasks so that HR professionals can spend their time in productive activities.

Measurement of your effectiveness: - During the presentation, tell the owner that you would like to measure the HCROI. This ratio is the focal point of all the activities. HCROI while joining and while leaving will be a classic measure of your value addition.

HR Budget: - The modernisation or automation comes with price. Therefore, during the presentation, please include the topic of the budgetary allocations as well. This is because, in a large number of companies, they expect the HR department to function like Infosys or Wipro but, while allocating the budget they allocate it as if their company belongs to the MSME!

I wish you all the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.