shankar-reddy-in
Hi All,

I have requested for name change in joint declaration form with my current employer and thai still pending with them for approval and they said that will take time to approve and I have a joining date next week..

My new HR is pushing like anything on this to get this fixed ..will he revoke my offer letter if this is not done within next week?

This is stressing me out...

From India, Vijayawada
Madhu.T.K

The HR will not / should not revoke the offer just on the basis of a wrong entry made by the employer in the PF portal. But at the same time, every HR person would like to have his records perfect and matching with the PF portal. He can proceed with the joining and later on correct the name in the PF portal in the due course. But if the payroll rejects the entry at the time of payment of contribution, he will be answerable. Therefore, the person on boarding employee will ensure that the name is as per the certificate and the same is reflected in government sites, like PF/ESI, Income tax etc.

In order to overcome unpleasant situation, you have to personally visit the EPFO's office and meet the officer in the technical/IT cell and get it done. If the persons sitting in the front office or PRO's office who are the first point of contact for the members and employers are not cooperative (normally they are not cooperative!) then you have to request him to allow you to meet the IT person saying that you have an offer which is very good and if you fail to join it would make irreparable loss to you etc etc, and manage the situation any how. Therefore, take it as your responsibility though your name was entered wrongly by the employer.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.