Anonymous
Hi
I work for a top IT company,
Droped my resignation, and serving notice period. I have copied few scripts to my personal email id only intenstion for my reference with no other purpose and due to which security alert has been generated. They have kept my F&F and Reliving letter on hold
Now team has investigated and asked me for proof of deletion of file which already shared. They are also asking me to sign an affidavit for not missusing the data in further which I agreed too.
But now my manager is threating me that delivery head will terminate me for data breach so I should take back my papers so that they won't take any action on me( they have not found any replacement for my role since I resigned)
Please suggest.

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What you did is violation of IT Policy and should be severe misconduct as per your Company Policy. Copying official scripts to your personal email id whether intentionally or unintentionally - as for as employer is concerned they will perceive it as a serious offence. What is the assurance you will not share the scripts to the competitor Company? As your immediate superior is advising you to revoke the resignation you can do so for time being. But your employer will continue to keep a suspicious eye on you. Alternatively assure your employer that you are willing to extend your notice period till they find suitable replacement for you.

As what you did is wrong Employer will have the upper hand so handle it diplomatically and look for amicable relieving.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.