No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I gave interview in a pvt ltd company and received offer letter. It stated that i have to do 20 days unpaid work and after that i will be employed with salary. What should i do ?
From India, Indore
Madhu.T.K

Never accept such offers. It shows the culture of the organisation. If you join such companies, it would give a message that they can get such free service from employees in future also. Therefore, never accept the offer.
From India, Kannur
krishnendu-mukherjee
IF THIS IS THE KIND OF NATURE OF THE MANAGEMENT, I SUGGEST YOU NEVER TAKE THE OFFER AND NEVER JOINED THERE.
From India, Kolkata
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

Making an employee work for free is against the Factory Act or Shops and Establishment Act. An employee, whether hired for casual work or otherwise, must get remuneration commensurate with the duration of work, quality of work or the quantum of work. Indian labour laws do not have a provision for "free of cost" work.

The employer includes a condition in the offer letter that the candidate needs to do unpaid work in their company and wants to play safe. As such a newly joined candidate will be on probation and during probation the candidates can be removed with just a notice. So the employer can discontinue the employment without having a liability to pay anything to the candidate. So, the employers want a cake and eat it too.

Employers are expected to develop a robust recruitment process to recruit worthy and competent candidates. However, the expectation to work for free shows they are unsure of their recruitment process. The free work de-risks their failure.

Lastly, it is about setting a new trend too. If you agree to this unusual job offer, the employer's expectation will rise and they will expect the same from the other job candidates also. The malaise will spread to the other employers and it could become the industry norm.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

This condition is unusual and unheard of in a Ltd.Co. Why they insist such an unprecedented usual measure?
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.