ram_worlds

Dear All,
I am working with a Auto Mobile Industry as a HR Manager, I am coming accross a problem to reduce basic salary of old employees, whose basic salary is above 60 % to 80 % of total CTC. Now Management wants that their basic salary must be reduced to 40% of total CTC in such a manner that their past loss (Gratuity + Leave encasement) and future losses (Gratuity + Leave encasement) can be compensated in restructuring the CTC.
please help me out and give me best suggestions.
Regards
Ram

From India, New Delhi
manvinder

you must have deducted PF too basis their current Basic salary and now if you reduce the basic pay - it would effect the PF too which is according to me is not permissible.
Would suggest you to check from this point of view too besides effecting the loss on account of their Gratuity and Leave encashment.

From India, Gurgaon
vkumarsj
AS per Act, we can increase the Basic salary, but on account we can't reduce the Basic Salary, which is Non Compliance.
Please get in touch with legal consultant's & take their opinion on the same.
Regards,
Vinod Kumar
FSL

From India, Bangalore
Sintrallaa

It will not affect the PF if it is above the slab ie:6500 but it will affect below Rs.6500 cadre and gratuity of all employees
in future you are the answerable person to PF Officials and the employee also.
I would suggest the Basis Pay can reduce above Rs.6500 cadre but you have to convince your employee for the gratuity amt.
Regards
Sintralla

From India, Madras
pon1965

I second Malik. Basic can’t be reduced but other components like PLI, spl. allowance. Pon
From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.