No Tags Found!

amit-kumar11170
Hlo, I have been a site engineer in an infrastructure company for five years, and my salary is more than 21000. At that time, I didn't know about EPF, but now I want to join a new company, and they want my EPF statement—what should I do?
From India, Ahmedabad
sripadhr

Hello Amit,
Since your salary is above ₹21,000, is it Basic or gross?if it is basic, possible that you were exempted from EPF contributions, as the EPF ceiling limit is ₹15,000 (Basic + DA + other allowances) as per the EPFO guidelines. However, it’s best to discuss this with your HR department to confirm why you were not registered under EPF. Because you don’t have a UAN or PF account number, there won't be a PF passbook. For your new company, I recommend submitting your payslip and appointment letter, and explain the situation. They should understand and consider your case.

Best of luck with your new job!

From India, Karimnagar
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, You can explain that you were not covered under PF and submit Form11.
From India, Madras
Student of life
Leading to Same query,
Please do guide

1. if emloyee had UAN/PF account in last organization and now in new org he don't want PF deduction is it possible?

From India, Mumbai
sripadhr

The relevant section of the Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (EPF Act) that mandates continuous Provident Fund (PF) coverage for employees is Section 26(2).

This section states that once an employee is covered under the EPF Act, they will continue to be covered under the Act even in their subsequent employment, provided the new establishment is also subject to the EPF Act.

This means that if an employee is already a member of the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) in a previous employment, they must be enrolled in the EPF scheme by their new employer as well, as long as the new employer is required to contribute to PF (i.e., the establishment has 20 or more employees, or other applicable conditions apply).

This provision ensures continuity of the PF membership and protects the retirement savings of employees across different jobs without any interruption. It prevents any option to "opt-out" of PF coverage once covered.
Mandatory for the new employer: If the employee was already enrolled in PF in the past, the new employer must also provide coverage under the PF, irrespective of whether the employee's salary crosses the threshold limit for mandatory PF coverage.

UAN (Universal Account Number): The employee's PF contributions can be tracked through the UAN, ensuring their account is portable across jobs.

This section guarantees that employees maintain their provident fund contributions throughout their employment history, fostering long-term financial security.

From India, Karimnagar
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

No. Not possible.

An employee with a basic salary of over Rs. 15,000 and who has never been a member of EPF can opt out of the scheme. But once they become a member, they cannot opt out of the scheme.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.