No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I'm working for a company for two and a half months. Because of health reasons, I left a toxic culture and insecurity. I told them I had health issues and produced the medical docs. on 12th June, I initiated my resignation. My HR portal showed me 0 days of notice. However, I need to get approval and professional courtesy I told them I would serve notice till 28th June, which is 16 days. They didn't respond to a single email till the last movement. The day I was supposed to leave, they gave approval, stating I was good to go at the last minute, and they told me any shortfall of notice would be covered on F2F, which is on my last day. My probation is for six months.

Now, when I left and joined another company, I asked them for the relieving letter. They are telling me that my notice is 90 days, and to buy out notice - they are asking for a huge amount to pay. I fought with them I didn't have noticed even though I served notice, and they were referring to this below clause in the offer letter.

21. Termination of Employment
 At will
During the period of your engagement with xyz, the services may be brought to an end by either side giving 90 days of notice period or 90 days of salary in lieu of the notice period. However, due to exigencies of business the Company may at its sole discretion reject the salary in lieu of notice and ask you to serve the entire or part of the notice period. If you wish to avail leave during the notice periods, your notice period will be extended in proportion to the number of leaves availed during the notice period.

Will this clause apply to me? Because the HR portal, which is the source of truth, showed 0 days; at least they didn't respond to me until the last movement, but they are telling me you have signed the offer letter. I'm struggling now to clear BGV and pay the huge amount

From India, Hyderabad
harish-nelapati
can you one acknowledge please guys
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.