No Tags Found!

priyanamita3@gmail.com

Dear All, Need your guidance in managing Apprentices in ERP. My query

1. Should they be given Employee ID?
2. can they continue with same employee ID once converted to Payroll or should they resign and rejoin with fresh employee ID?
3. in case they rejoin after completing the Apprenticeship with new ID, how to manage in the ERP regarding their pervious performance.

kindly suggest

regards
Namita

From India, Machhagan
Madhu.T.K

Apprentice (engaged following Apprentice Act) are not employees but are students only. As such you cannot give employee id to apprentices. If the stipend is generated through HRM/ERP, then you can allot separate i'd series to them which will distinguish them from the regular employees.

There is no resignation from training but the training contract will get terminated on the expiry of the pre fixed period of training. On termination of training, if both of you wish, the apprentice can be offered employment. Then he will be a new employee; has to undergo the process of selection, like applying for the job, giving offer/ appointment order, joining formalities, allotting ESI/EPF numbers, allotting employee id etc.

In the ERP, when the apprenticeship comes to an end, you can mark it as termination/ exit, and when he joins as an employee, put the date of joining as an employee as date of joining the company with new employee I'd.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.