No Tags Found!

drakshayani330166
Good morning guys
I am an MBA hr postgraduate with three months of internship experience, and i want to work in HR industry but I didn't find any opportunity as I am fresher I joined as LR Assistant Operations in some company to gain work experience at least another field, my question is am I eligible to do the job in HR Department after I have work experience in operations?
Than you

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Drakshayani,

Though your career is not at a crossroads, you feel that it is. You have written the post under the assumption that your job must match your qualifications. However, there is no hard and fast rule to do so.

All the disciplines of management require people management. Those who are in operation need to use people management skills to the highest level. Therefore, your real learning will be put to the test if you remain in operations. You will have to use various theories of people management. such as the theory of leadership, motivation, communication, conflict handling, etc., in your day-to-day life. In contrast, if you work in the HR department, the number of people working in this department is smaller. This department will not hone your skills as much as the operations.

This does mean that HR Management is less dynamic. But the biggest challenge is whether one gets a chance to work in a company that has dynamic HR. In India, many companies have rechristened erstwhile personnel departments as the HR department. HR professionals in these companies are viewed as glorified clerks.

So, while taking a call, take it judiciously. In case if you decide to continue in operations, then if you back your profession by taking a course in operations management, the better.

I wish you all the best!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.