No Tags Found!

vaishali-jadav
Dear Seniors,

I need advise from seniors for one case. Recently I faced one issue in hiring one senior person (Package is 30L per annum & We are a start up company). He had notice period of 3 months. As he had some amount due with the current company, he put resignation after 25 days of our offer issued. His official notice period ends on 12th November 2024. Now the current company relieves him just before 4 days of the Diwali Holidays (We Declared 11 days). If we onboard him earlier company may have financial burden of paying 11 days of Diwali holidays. His current company don't wish to retain him till last date of his notice period.

Can anyone suggest what should I take decision on this case!! I am really confused.

From India, Ahmedabad
hr-mayur

Suggestion:

1) Onboard Post-Diwali Holidays: Since you are a startup and every financial decision counts, it might be wise to stick to the original joining date (post-Diwali) to avoid the additional holiday-related expenses. This way, you can ensure a smoother transition without the extra financial burden.

2) Negotiate with the Candidate: You could consider negotiating with the candidate, offering to onboard him earlier without paying for the 11 holiday days, or finding a middle ground. This way, you maintain financial stability and flexibility.

3) Offer a Compromise Solution: Depending on the urgency, you could propose that the candidate begins working remotely during the holiday period on a reduced or pro-rated salary, ensuring they contribute but without the full financial impact of the holiday.

By analyzing both the financial implications and the candidate's commitment, you can strike a balance that suits your startup’s needs while keeping the hiring process smooth.

From India, Surat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.